Queens, New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Queens
April 15th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Went to see an old college roomate and her family in Queens, NY. It had been awhile since I had last saw her. We hung out for the majority of the time at her place, but it was relaxing getting to know her kids, who by the way loved me. She took me to Faraway Beach and took a walk along the water. It was nice. Had a couple of drinks in the evening and caught up on new happenings and old times.

The last day I was there they took me into the city to see some sights. First we went to the Empire State Building and were escorted all the way because Frankie is a NYPD and has special privilages. It was different to be escorted and not waiting like every other tourist. took some good photos of the view. It had 1.5 mi visability for the day. We then went on a drive through Times Square. Saw the typical things that you would see, including Naked Cowboy. Went to see the Brooklyn Bridge and stopped by the local park to get better pictures. It was an amazing time. I had planned on going to see Bushkill Falls, but I got stuck in traffic and the ride needed to end.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

State parkState park
State park

viewing of Brooklyn Bridge


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb