Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 7th 2015
Published: April 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We leave Fiji and fly to Los Angeles. Its been a long time since we had seen and landed in a big city so took a photo from the plane. Our first two days were in a hotel on Sunset Boulevard. First evening we visited the Saddle Ranch steakhouse just across the road from our hotel. It has a centre piece of a mechanical bucking bronco. As we sat and had our meal several locals had a go and came to an early end on their bums. One of their desserts was a three foot stalk of pink cotton candy (we call it candyfloss).

On day two we played tourist and went on a tour of Los Angeles by coach. Before we left on the tour bus we took a walk on the Walk of Fame and saw some of the names from big screen, TV and theatre. Fran could not miss a photo opportunity with a super hero (spiderman). Finally boarded the bus and off we went on our five and a half hour tour of Los Angeles. Well, our driver doubled as our guide and started his verbal description of highlights. He rarely took a breath and described everything we saw twice or three times. We visited the homes of the stars and saw houses where they are living or have lived. Overall it was interesting but now have a headache from his excessive talking, it was none stop even when we had stopped in traffic he kept talking.

We picked up our campervan and headed onto the LA highway. Well it was 30 foot long, 10 foot wide and 12 foot high. It was our home for the next 10 days. Our first night was an RV camp at Long Beach and then off to find Las Vegas. Fran was my co pilot as we had to get used to manoeuvre this large vehicle as well as driving on the right of the road.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Saddle Ranch RestaurantSaddle Ranch Restaurant
Saddle Ranch Restaurant

On Sunset Boulevard
Saddle Ranch RestaurantSaddle Ranch Restaurant
Saddle Ranch Restaurant

On Sunset Boulevard


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb