Nooo Yawk


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 29th 2005
Published: August 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kiwi and Lady LibertyKiwi and Lady LibertyKiwi and Lady Liberty

Can't you just smell the freedom?
From: fran the man
Sent: Friday, 29 April 2005.
To: everyone
Subject: On My Way To London


Well New York’s been lovely I’ve almost done it all, Empire state, statue of Liberty, MOMA, Guggenheim, Macys, Bloomingdales, etc not enough quality time at central park though nor have I been to the Met - will try tomorrow though. Am staying in a cool hostel with some cool people and some strange people. I went up the empire state building -no King Kong as he's in Wellington at the moment, It was rather windy but the views over New York were stunning.

The Guggenheim had this wicked exhibition on by this artist with a fascination for stripes; he’s put coloured stripes all over the interior and the roof along with a big wall of mirrors. If you threw in some feathers and pvc you’d get the impression of being in a tornado that had gone over the HERO parade.
I also checked out the USS Intrepid - it’s a WW2 aircraft carrier that’s been converted into an air, sea and space museum parked up. Lots of planes on the flight deck to look at wistfully.

Have also been to ground
Empire StateEmpire StateEmpire State

King Kong Was on holiday in Wellington While I was Here
Zero and seen some wicked breakdance action in the subway.

Am off for a beer tonight though so... who knows I might end up in Harlem or Brooklyn for the night! Hahaha! Will be arriving in London around 9am on Sunday so will be seeing you soon Kim.

Love to you all
Fran XXX

As it Turns out.....

I went off and proceeded to get blind drunk with an english girl from brighton, 2 dutch guys and a french mexican girl with her french mate. We were meant to be drinking at the english girls friend of a friends pub, but the guy wasn't there. We ended up at a transvesite caberat show called Lips i think? Drinking cosmo's and living it large. Dont remeber where we ended up going after that but i know that im never EVER going to drink a long island iced tea again. It put me over the edge and into a cab back home. Heather- You are a lovely person for talking me home to our hostel.
I spent all of the next morning before my flight trying to become a human being again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

GuggenheimGuggenheim
Guggenheim

Tricky Interior Shots
Uss IntrepidUss Intrepid
Uss Intrepid

The planes, the planes.


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb