Back to the Big Apple


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
August 10th 2013
Published: August 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, much as I hate long haul flights if you live in the Southern Hemisphere and want to travel to the Northern Hemisphere you just have to grin and bear it. But I have to say now that we are secure in our NYC apartment those tedious hours up in the sky weren't so bad after all.

While our apartment is not as cute as the one we had last year, being two bedroomed it is bigger which means we'll be able to have Grace & Rupert stay with us overnight. Seb having already left for Rio de Janeiro - where he is giving the keynote address at a conference - when our taxi pulled up outside the kids apartment the remaining occupants, Kerrii, Grace & Rupert, were leaning out of the window yelling and screaming. Yours truly was able to reply in similar fashion! Kisses, cuddles and a cup of tea followed (much needed!) before we took our luggage to the apartment we'll be staying in for the next three weeks which is only one street away. Then it was off to Luigi's Pizzeria for our evening meal. That over a BEAUTIFUL bed called...bliss!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



12th August 2013

Glad to hear you have arrived safely. Those flights can be long - but plenty of reading time. Bet that pizza was good!
12th August 2013

Happy Landing
Glad that you arrived safe and sound. I know you will both be giving those beautiful grandchildren lots of kisses and cuddles,
12th August 2013

So glad to know you've arrived safely. I've heard of duelling banjos, but now we can do duelling blogs! The only thing is, I could never keep up with your daily pace. Oh well, we can enjoy each others' sagas.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb