The big apple!!


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our final stop in the US before the real travelling begins!! Sara successfully negotiated the subway to meet her mum at JFK - a 4 hour round trip in total!! We highly recommend meeting your mum at some point on a round the world trip as the standard of accommodation dramatically improves!! The Hyatt was right beside Grand Central Station (a relief with our rucksacks!!) the room overlooked the Chrysler Building - perfect!

Were real tourists and took a bus trip to get orientated around Manhatten and then spent the afternoon getting some culture, watcing Denzel Washington (live!!) in Julius Caeser in the Belasco Theatre - a real treat!! Had some difficulty finding somewhere to eat that night (something to do with being in the financial sector on a sunday night!!).

Took another bus tour and went to Brooklyn and then walked back over Brooklyn Bridge (a great way to see the New York skyline). Making full advantage of the bus ticket (as canny Scots do!!) we also braved the cold New York night and took the evening bus tour. The guide was the worlds fastest talker, enjoyed his own jokes and had a thick Brooklyn accent. We reckon
Room with a viewRoom with a viewRoom with a view

How close we were to the Chrysler Building
that most of these guides were waiting to be discovered by talent spotters.

Sara and Esther took the Statton Island Ferry (its free!!) and spent the afternoon wandering around Greenwich Village. I spent the time looking around the Guggenheim and going to see a photography exhibition before taking the subway to meet them later for dinner. Sadly I had to refrain from a purchase at Tiffanys but I did look anyway (theres always Singapore!!).

An early start to my last hours in New York before catching my flight to Mexico City (good old airmile flights!!). Sara and Esther spent their final day visiting New York Library and Central park. An earlier start for Sara the following day (5am) to make the connecting flight to meet up with me in Mexico City later that day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bryant ParkBryant Park
Bryant Park

Repórtedly the fountain from the start of Friends


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb