Edit Blog Post
Published: April 10th 2013
Easter time in New York
5 days in New York was not long enough for both of us. We decided it was a city we could both easily move too. We arrived in New York Friday night and headed to a friend of Scotts who let us kindly stay on the double couch in his apartment. We were very lucky as accommodation in New York is very expensive and his place was so central and close to everything is worked out perfect.
Arriving Easter time New York was buzzing with most people in the festive mood and what not better to arrive to a gorgeous sunny day the following day. We headed out early to make the most of it despite it still be rather chilly around the 8-10 degree mark. Day one
• Ground Zero
• Wall Street (which is good to go in a weekend as its not as busy just toursits)
• Times Square (a manic place filled with crazy people)
• Soho the shopping district of New York where Laura brought some things and so did Scott.
• Maceys the largest department store in the world
• Ate a New York Bagel
finished off with a American dinner meal at Applebees on Times Square which costing us NZD $100 (due to scott mis-ordering the ribs instead of the riblets costing twice the price as we thought). Action packed day we were shattered so bed time was as soon as we got back to Tylers. Day two
we headed to Central park and had a beautiful Easter Sunday stroll in the park. This was our highlight of the trip to New York, the park is just stunning and the backdrop the New York Skyline is one we will not forget. We had lunch in Union Square which is a hip little area with lots of coffee shops and bakery and food stores. That night we headed to times square to meet up with a family friend and explored times square at night. Day three
We went to meet another friend for lunch who took us to a funky little Vietnamese place and checked out the high line which is a new walk through the city. More information is on this link if you click it http://www.thehighline.org/about/park-information
And after a few action packed days our time was up in New York.
Time to pack up once again and head to London.....
A few tips when visiting New York...
• DO not go to Victoria Secrets in the main Soho area as its a zoo. So many people it was frightening. I would go somewhere less busier. Men will want to wait outside.
• Maceys is again a very over crowded department store and almost scary if there was to be a fire. I would go early in the morning when it was too open....
• You have not been to New York if you do not have a bagel or pizza.
• Some places you need to pre book tickets for like Ground Zero. The churches surrounding ground zero have heaps of free information about September 11th which is just as informing.
• Taxis are relatively cheap...
• ALWAYS TIP or you will be looked at like you have committed a horrific crime. Rule is 20%!o(MISSING)f what the bill is should be a good tip. Even taxi drivers....
• Plan your days as there is so much to DO!!!!
Tot: 0.969s; Tpl: 0.057s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:saturn w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 3;
; mem: 1.3mb