Everything you see in movies is real. New York is just like a movie...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 18th 2012
Published: November 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

New York is the dream city for millions of people, and believe me it is worth it!

Let's say you are coming to New York city for a limited time, a few days maximum and you want to see everything you see in the movies. It is possible ! From far away New York can seem like a concrete jungle and hard to explore but it is indeed not...

All the places that you are curious about are on the island of Manhattan which is super orderly with blocks and metro system but still you should study NYC metro map before you come, it will help a lot because there are too many lines underground. You should be familiar with them from day one so that you will not get lost so easily 😊

Don't get alarmed now, you will see it is not rocket science😊

Places to see :

-Empire State building

-Rockefeller center

-Natural History museum

-Gugenheim museum

-Metropolitan musem

-MOMA

-Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island

-A cruise around the city

-Times square and Broadway and see a show if you can !

-5th avenue of course!

-Little Italy

-Chinatown

-Soho and Tribeca

-Ground Zero- Wallstreet area

-Walking on the Brooklyn bridge

-Riding a bike in Central Park

If you can visit all these places and do all, you can leave NYC happily and satisfied. The most affordable and practical way to do first 7-8 things is to buy a CityPass. You will enter all these places %! (MISSING)off and will skip most of the lines. For transportation you need to get a metro card and load money in it. While you are in Manhattan you will not need subway so much because you will never want to go underground and miss the city lights. If your hotel is in another part of the city like Brooklyn or Queens then metro card will be helpful. I was staying in Brooklyn and it was only 1 metro station away to Manhattan, it was easy to come and go everyday.

I strongly recommend you to climb both of the skyscrapers because each of them has their own view. For example when you are on top of Rockefeller, you can see Empire state building from yards away which is super cool and fascinating ! You better have an panaromic camera to take great pictures while you are close to clouds...

Museums are really huge, you should spare at least a half day to see many of the things fully if you are a truly art person, but if you don't have that much time then you can make some research in advance if there are any special masterpiece that you would want to see and find it in the museum.

If you are done with visiting museums and Liberty Island-Ellis Island then please enjoy the city each and every second. Go and take a seat at Times square and look around, inhale the athmosphere, meet with new people...

Walk around Little Italy and eat Pizza and drink vine at a nice Italian restaurant. Walk around China town, buy some cheap souvenirs...

Walk all the way through 5th avenue and Lexington avenue.

Rent a bike around Central park and ride it all day in and outside of the park and don't worry because every road in the city has a part for bikers and runners also. City is designed to do sports without any danger, you will hardly believe your eyes when you see the way people do sports everyday!

Some day have coffee in Soho or Tribeca, you might see a celebrity any moment there. You might encounter some film festivals also, check before you go !

Ground Zero entrance is free, you should definitely see the place, it is a sad place indeed but worth seeing !

Walk on the Brooklyn bridge ! You will feel super free, it is guaranteed ! 😊

New York is an endless city, you may discover something new any moment ! I hope this blog will be helpful for you. You will see, when you are at the airport to go back home, you will already be thinking "when can I come back to New York city again?"....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb