New York, New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 13th 2006
Published: August 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was still quite a drive from Washington, not close to comparable to the distances in my sweet home country, but then, late in the evening, we finally arrived in the city that never sleeps... NEW YORK!

The best way to describe my experiences in NY is: everthing that's being said about NY, it's all true!

It's true that driving in NY is not advisable, it's true that accomodation is expensive (our guesthouse was affordable, but the room was a disaster), it's true that life in general there isn't cheap (hooray for our NY booklet, this helped us find a nice, affordable Italian place, which of course was always packed)...

.. but it's also true that this city is alive, 24/7, it's happening.. I can imagine why so many people dream of living in this city.. This seems like a place where dreams can come true..

Yes, I liked NY a lot. Although I could easily have spent another week in NY, and the 2 1/2 days we had there we actually not enough, we did manage to see most of the sightseeings. This is because actually most interesting things are in Manhattan, which is not that huge.

It was great to see all the famous buildings, streets and areas. Times square, Broadway, Statue of Liberty (only from very far), Brroklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Ground Zero, the MoMA (free entry Friday after 4 😊) (etc etc. My personal favorite of the things we've seen was the Central Park.. This park is amazing.. It's like the chique backyard of half of Manhattan. People go there to enjoy the sun, play baseball, listen to the street artists, drive in a little boat, whatever. I could easily have spent an entire day over there. What I also liked is to see the UN- building, in which they amongst others had a World Press Photo exhibiton. I found this exhibition really interesting, especially when I found out the World Press Photo is a Dutch initiative (go Holland!!) 😉.

But one thing is sure. I definitely want to come back here, there's so much more to see and experience..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb