Day 25, 26, 27 - New York!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
August 16th 2011
Published: August 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Washington on Saturday for NYC, which ment we had our first night out in New York as soon as we arrived. Our hostel runs a night out for $30 which includes a limo, free vodka, entry to a 5 story club and a generally amazing night. We went through Times Square for a photo before heading downtown to what is appparently the biggest club in New York. 5 floors, each with a different type of music and there waas 11 people out in our group who we met (and got drunk with) in the limo. The night was absolutely amazing, made even better by the giant pizza slice we got on the way home, and not at all dampened (excuse the pun) by the massive rain storm that began whilst we were in the club. When we got back to out hostel we sat and watched the lightening for ages before we went to sleep. It was really fun to watch from bed, not so much fun when it's still raining and lightening the next morning when we wanted to sight-see.

But we managed it. We spent a few hours in te Harry Potter Exhibition (probably the thing we've been most excited about ... sad i know!). But we got to throw a quaffle through a quidditch hoop (and if you know what that means, you're as sad as us!!). After this we went to ground zero where they are halfway to completing a 104 story building on the sight, and they are getting ready to officially open a memorial for the 10year anniversary of 9/11. We went into the visitors centre which has things that were found in the rubble and quotes from survivors. It's something everybody should go to I think. On our way home we went to china town - best china town i've ever seen, for 1 thing chinese people actually live there! We got some delicious chinese food there before heading back to the hostel to watch when harry met sally and recover from the rain!

Today we caught the staten island ferry to get a good view of the city and of the statue of liberty. In the evening we got cheap tickets to an off-broadway play, a murder mystery which was really good fun although strange as the theatre was so small, we were only about 1 foot away from the actors!

Anyway sorry for the rushed ending but my battery is about to die.

Nosheen & Liz



Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb