Last night in New York...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
May 21st 2011
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

OK...so my last night in New York was absolutely perfect. "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark" is one of the best plays I've ever seen. The special effects are amazing. Incredible. I've never seen anything like it. And the music, by Bono of course, was awesome. The talent, the staging, it was all just breathtaking. I was totally impressed and so pleasantly surprised.

Three funny things that happened during the play: There is actually a song "If the World Should End," and the ad libs in the scene were really funny considering the hoopla about tomorrow. You can't imagine the presence of these "end of the world" people in NY. They are everywhere. Cars painted with the propaganda, people with sign boards, pamphlets, it's everywhere. Second, there was a scene in which Spiderman, flying through the air, missed his target which stopped the show briefly and during which he and the other actors on the stage ad libbed, which was really funny, too. The audience was so supportive and applauded loudly when the play resumed. And third, there was a scene when Peter Parker's (aka Spiderman) love interest, Mary Jane's friend says, "He's not that cute," and a girl in the audience yelled "Yes, he is!" The actors didn't break character but the audience erupted in laughter, and it was very fun. And seriously, he is way cute. Reeve Carney. Way cute.

After the play I just walked down Broadway absorbing the mania and craziness of Times Square on a Friday night. I went to the top of the steps in the middle and just sat for a while, taking in the lights and crowd. Of course, I have had times when I've been irritated by the throngs, the general lack of awareness some have of other people on the street. But for the most part, I love the crowds and the energy and the madness of this city and I will miss it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

May 20, 2011May 20, 2011
May 20, 2011

Awesome!


21st May 2011

I'll miss NYC travels.
It has been fun virtual trip. Thanks.
25th May 2011

what a wonderful ending to a great time!!! you will definitely miss it, let's go back sometime ya?!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb