We love NYC!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
March 28th 2010
Published: March 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from The Big Apple! Let me rewind a bit:
We arrived in Pennsylvania about 1:00 this morning and camped at French Creek State Park. We were pretty tired and cold, but we were happy to finally fall asleep! Our drive there was pretty uneventful, but we did have a good laugh when Tony applied duct tape to our vents on the dashboard so that cold air wouldn’t blow in on us. Before arriving in New York, we stopped at Hoboken, NJ to visit the infamous Carlos’ Bakery from The Learning Channel. There was a line of people wrapped around the corner, so we decided to just peak into the window. We didn’t see any of the regulars from the show, but we did see some beautiful cakes covered in fondant!! We had lunch at a great Mexican restaurant where they prepared the guacamole right at our table. Then, we jumped in the camper bus and headed for the city.

We spent the rest of the day seeing Times Square, Rockefeller Center and various stores. The girls put a pretty good dent in their shopping money. The only thing Tony bought was a $65 parking ticket for not putting money in the meter!Ha! Welcome to NYC! I was hoping to take the girls to a Broadway show while we’re here, but once Tony heard that the tickets were $179 a piece instead of for all four of us, he put the “kabbosh” on that idea! After checking into our hotel room, we walked to a Thai restaurant called Room Service. Madi tried pad thai for the first time and loved it! Julia ate a plate of white rice. After buying some touristy junky -junk we went back to The Belvedere to retire for the night. Tomorrow, we plan to visit the Museum of Natural History and Central Park. We are meeting an old friend of mine, Andrea, and her husband for dinner tomorrow night. Looking forward to catching up with her! We’re trying to pace ourselves in the city because we have our big walk to the top of Lady Liberty Monday morning! Can’t wait!

Side notes: We think we’re going to Washington DC instead of Quebec on Tuesday. It’s going to be much warmer there! Tony and I have started our license plate search again. We’re doing pretty well so far! Tony’s stats: We have traveled 663 miles. Our average speed has been 55.4 mph and we have spent $116.43 on gas. We’re having a great time people watching. We’ve noticed that everyone wears black and very few people speak English on the streets. Tony was honked at only twice for driving too slowly in the city. Both Madi and Julia have been pushed once by fast walkers. I have told them that they need to pick up the speed. We’re not in Fairfield anymore!! I’ll blog again soon! (Hello to my favorite South students who are reading this blog! I hope that you are having a great Spring Break! )



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb