New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 24th 2009
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My next stop on my trip was New York City. I only had one day in town, but, my host, Kirk, showed me several of New Yorks landmarks. The first we saw from the roof deck on the top of his apartment - The Empire State Building. The 102 story building is the tallest building in New York State, the 3rd tallest in the United States, and 15th tallest in the world.

To get to the next location we rode the subway. Very few people have cars in New York City so everyone rides the subway or takes taxis. In just a few stops we were at Columbus Circle, one of the entrances to Central Park. Central Park is over one square mile in size. We watched people ice skate, ride in horse-drawn carriages, run, bike, and play softball.

Our next stop was Times Square. You may have seen video of the crystal ball that drops each year on New Years Eve at this location. Nearly every building in this area is covered with animated neon and LED lights - almost like giant TVs. Some of them are 6 stories tall.

From there we visited probably the most famous landmark of all - The Statue of Liberty. You probably recognize Lady Liberty in the picture below. The statue was a gift from France from way back in 1886. She is 111 feet tall! Many people walk up stairs inside the statue all the way to the top.

From our long day of sightseeing, I was hungry and I couldn leave without trying some of what New York is known best for - PIZZA! There is a picture of me outside on of Kirks favorite spots - Rosas.
Im now headed off to another part of the world. Please check back to read more about my travels!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb