Winning the lottery (of Avenue Q)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 6th 2008
Published: October 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After all the hassles of Saturday (see previous post), Sunday has turned out to be a hell of a lot better.

We visited the Natural History Museum which has got an exhibition on called "Cosmic Collisions". You get shuffled into a theatre where the whole roof is the screen. Robert Redford narrated a storey about how the moon was formed after a meteor hit the earth and the fragments that where displaced merged together to form the moon. Apparently it only look 1 month. They also had a cool exhibition on about marine animals which I had some fun photographing.

We also had a wonder down through times square and found the avenue Q theatre. Apparently 30 minutes before each show they sell 12 front row tickets for $20 each (they are normally $110). They do this by lottery, but it seems that on a Sunday evening, not that many people are interested in hanging around on Broadway for 30 minutes whilst they hold the draw. There must have only been 7 people waiting. Anyway we got 2 tickets and felt very smug walking down to the middle of the front row.

If you haven't heard of it Avenue Q is a bit like a musical adult Sesame Street, with songs like "Everyone's a little bit racist", "The internet is for porn" and "what do you do with a BA in English?" you get the point.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Space Centre  @ The Natural History MuseumSpace Centre  @ The Natural History Museum
Space Centre @ The Natural History Museum

The entrance into the UFO theatre thigy
Times SquareTimes Square
Times Square

I've got a love hate thing with Times Square. It looks amazing, but too many tourists (and people selling things to tourists)
Times SquareTimes Square
Times Square

Another HDR


8th October 2008

No naked cowboy...!!
is he on holiday??
8th October 2008

No naked cowboy I'm afraid.
I didn't know what you where talking about until I looked him up on Wikipedia.

Tot: 0.689s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 93; dbt: 0.5623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb