Into New York, I've Suffered Jetlag


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 17th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The FlagThe FlagThe Flag

Ah, the American Flag.
Going from Turkey to New York was a huge time difference. When we got into New York, it was 6:30pm. Unfortunately, we couldn’t just reset our body clocks like our digital ones. To us, it was past midnight. When we got to or accommodation, we literally collapsed onto the beds. When we woke up, it was 4:00am.

The first day in New York was started out by going to the Empire State Building. We took 2 elevators up to the top. One went up 80 floors! From the top, the view of Manhattan was amazing! The people looked like little ants and the ants where microscopic. After taking a billion photos of the fantastic view, we went down in the elevator. If I lived there, I wouldn’t be too happy if the elevator was out of order and I had to go and do some shopping! After, we went out and bought new shoes, the ones we got from China were falling apart. We then went back to the accommodation .

The next day started by going on a ferry across to Staten Island. When we were going across on the ferry, we passed The Statue of Liberty.. We took heaps of photos. When we got across, we expected to be going somewhere. Mum and Dad said that we only went across to see The Statue of Liberty. We went back across on the ferry and went to the World Trade Centre. We went to the museum that has information on what happened on September 11. It was really sad. We saw where they are going to build the new one. They want it to be built by 2012. For lunch, we got into the true American Spirit and had a hotdog. Delicious!

The day after that started out by walking on the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a very long walk but we got to the end of it eventually. It looked as if the rain would pour down on us, but surprisingly, it managed to hold off.
We got a terrible spicy hotdog from a street vendor for lunch. We caught a train to Times Square. We decided to have McDonalds for lunch to wash out the spicy hotdog.
We went to the New York Library. It was very grand. It had so many rooms containing so many books. It was amazing.
We went to Grand Central
Me lookingMe lookingMe looking

Looking. But if only we had 25 cents.
Station. It’s so big! We were going to walk outside and take one of the Subways to get back to our accommodation, but when we saw the rain had decided to bucket down, we took a train from Grand Central Station.

The next day it was Fathers day (in Australian time). We took dad to a wonderful restaurant for breakfast. I had pancakes with maple syrup, sliced banana and strawberries. It was delicious. I couldn’t eat it all because it was way to big.
We spent the day in Central Park. It is so big and peaceful. We walked around for a while, then went back to our apartment for a rest. After the rest, we had a walk around a lake (in Central Park) and went to a playground. I liked Central Park a lot.

That ends the marvellous time in New York. Next stop, Motor home number 3 around Canada.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Statue Of LibertyStatue Of Liberty
Statue Of Liberty

There she is!
The Brooklyn BridgeThe Brooklyn Bridge
The Brooklyn Bridge

The Great Bridge
On the BridgeOn the Bridge
On the Bridge

Read the title.
The ClockThe Clock
The Clock

The Clock at Grand Central Station. Something funny happens to this clock in the movie Madagascar.
Central ParkCentral Park
Central Park

We're in Central Park!
Another photo!Another photo!
Another photo!

In Central Park!


Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb