New York, New York!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 27th 2005
Published: October 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

As I left off saying, Milwaukee was our next stop, however, because of the atrocious Monday morning Chicago traffic mixed together with the fact that we didn't know what the hell was going on it took us a good 3 and a half hours to arrive at Sussex in Milwaukee.

The company we visited was called Autologic and they develope and sell gas anylizers and smoke meters among other things.

We only had a 2 hour window to receive a quick rundown on the equipment we wanted and it was straight onto the Hwy again for Milwaukee airport heading for Cleveland.

Our flight was originally scheduled to leave Milwaukee at 6:55pm but that was not to be (AGAIN!!!) due to the air traffic control and about 3,000 planes in cue on the tarmac!

We eventually arrived in Cleveland and at our hotel in Beachwood at about 10:00pm where Nicholas Lubar (Regional Director) was there to meet us and take us to a nice evening dinner.

The next morning Swagelok sent a Tour bus to pick us up...that's right just me and Nigel in a bus the size the New York Yankees tour around in.

It was a fantastic day at Swagelok's Manufacturing Plant and Distrubution Centers, including 4 different plant tours and a beautiful lunch.

We were escorted to Cleveland airport by Nick himself and arrived in time to see that our flight into Newark Int. airport (New Jersey) had also been delayed another 'proverbial' hour.

We arrived in Newark at 10:30pm and didn't reach the hotel untill 11:00pm where the staff members at the Newark Int. Holiday Inn were so kind toinform us that the hotel computer system had just 'hit'the wall...entered room at midnight.

We really were all USA'd out!!! But we could not depart without visiting Bethel Headquarters in Brooklyn.

It was really unforgettable, in our group we had a young married couple from Sweden on holiday, a family of four (two young boys:14-16yrs) from New Mexico visiting also and a young sister from North Beach Congregation (Perth) with a French couple. Our tour guide was a young Persian sister (18 months in Bethel with Husband) who was giving the tour for the first time and was a little nervous but did a smashing job!

The tour was 2 hours long, but it wasn't at the new printing facility as that is in the next suburb from where we entered. We returned to our hotel by 6:15pm, just enough time to pack, checkout and wait for the Emirates Limo to arrive.

We managed to secure to seats out of JFK Wednesday night bound for UAE (Dubai).

All good things must come to an end and so to that end I would like to leave off with four words only, "Hunny I'm coming home".

Simone

AKA: RoMeO


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb