We love New York!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 1st 2007
Published: September 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We love New York!

We must have been very tired after our long trip because we slept in until about noon!

We decided to hop on a train to the South Ferry so we could get on the Staten Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. The Statue was amazing although I thought it was right next to the mainland. It took about 20 mins on the ferry before we passed it. After coming back from the ferry we walked up Wall Street, saw Ground Zero where the Twin Towers used to stand and went to Times Square which was amazing. It sort of reminded me of Las Vegas - all lit up (it was night time by the time we got there).

The next day we bought tickets for a 48 hr 'hop on hop off' bus tour which was great because we saw quite a lot of New York this way. But if you ever visit New York and go on the tour bus don't go on the Brooklyn part of the tour - it was extremely boring and the guide started singing on the bridge on the way back! At least the children caught up on their sleep!

We would have liked to have spent a bit more time there and will definitely go back (maybe without the children though).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb