Day 4 - US Open


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 5th 2007
Published: September 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Oh my goodness, what a day! Fran told me the othr day that thanks to Amy's Dad, some American Express deal, they had 4 tickets to the US open and wanted me to come too! Not being a particular temmis fan i thought this would be a fun day out, and again not something I ould ever ordinarily have done which is what this whole trip is all about. We met at grand Central at 9:45 and headed toward the US open grounds, the train journey was good as it was out in the open so had good views of the city and only took 30 mins. It was amazing walking in through the gates, we all got a real buzz. We had a wander through the shops and then made our way up to the seats which were pretty much at the very top of the stadium, which was just vast - unbelievble, and the view we had was really good - we were dead centre, so we could see the length of the court. We watched three games, two ladies and one mens, and were there from 11am-6pm!! The ladies matches were good but none of knew the players, even Jess who's a huge tennis fan, but the men's was much more exciting, really good fun to watch.

After the match the girls invited me back to Amy's apartment in town and we had chinese takeaway and beer, whilst we watched the evening's tennis session!! I think it got us all hooked!! It was so nice, even just after a few nights away from my own home comforts to be sat on a nice comfy sofa chatting and watching the tele!! So sad, I know!!

A grand day all in all x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb