Day 48 and 49 - New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 11th 2007
Published: July 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 48, Wednesday 11 July 2007 - New York

Today we headed to the Empire State Buiilding to make the trip to the top. Unfortunately it was a pretty hazy day, so we didn't get to see much. Still, I was glad to have gone up it. The view was still good and its always been a place I've wanted to go up.

After that, what were we to do, but do a bit of shopping, considering Macy's was just down the road! We wandered quite quickly through all 11 floors of this amazing building, then managed to exit on the side that was right across the road from Sephora, Skechers and Old Navy. Now is that a sign, or what?!?!?!
After visiting them all and buying a pair of skechers for me, 2 for toni, some clothes for me in old Navy and some stuff for both of us in Sephora, we jumped back on the downtown bus to buy my laptop! Very exiting.

We came out from that to a vastly changed NYC - it was pouring rain! Still quite hot and muggy though, and it took us almost 2 hours on the bus to make it back uptown to our hotel. Still, we made it in time to head out again almost straight away to see 'Wicked'.

This was the most amazing show. Truly everything it was cracked up to me. The costumes were sensational, the storyline very clever and well done and the acting and singing was superb! So fantastic. If you ever get the chance to see this show, then please do so!

Day 49, Thursday 12 July 2007 - New York

Our last day in NY - sob!
We got up early to head down to the Battery Park area, in order to catch our boat ride around the Statue of Liberty. We didn't actually get to go to Liberty Island, but we weren't too fussed. We did get to get a bit closer than when on the Staten Island Ferry and had commentry as well, so that was good.

From there we caught the bus back to Times Square and did just a little more shopping at Skechers and Sephora (hey, what are girls to do when they are RIGHT there?!?!). Then we bundled up all our newly acquired purchases and other stuff we wouldn't need travelling and sent them all home! lol
After that we made our way to Grand Central Station, the last of the big sights that we really wanted to see. Wow is this place gorgeous!

We had a couple of last meals during the day as well, including the necessary visit to Planet Hollywood and even TGIFridays.

Tomorrow its goodbye to the US and on to Canada and Toronto! I am so going to miss NY and can't wait to come back again!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



17th July 2007

Hate to point out the obvious but......................
you only have two feet. So far you have bought (according to my count) 4 pairs of shoes in the last 6 weeks. Now by my calculations (and assuming your current shoe fetish continues at the same rate) - your trip is for 65 weeks (approx), you are buying .66 pairs of shoes a week, which means that by the time you come home you would have bought 43 new pairs of shoes. Sounds like you are having a great time Imelda!!!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb