NY Trip 2007!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 23rd 2007
Published: April 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

NY LibraryNY LibraryNY Library

The Performing Arts Library- the best free movies in the city. . .
I had a great time in NY!

I stayed on the upper east side with Andrea. Her apartment is just great. Lisette and Rachel seem to be doing really well, too. They live in a quasi-train car place at 90th and 1st.

We spent a good deal of time doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, which was just what I needed. We walked around to a bunch of the acting studios to distribute post cards for the acting studio for which Andrea works. She was sick for one of the days I was there, so we sat on our butts watching her Tivo and then went to Aces and Eights at 86th and hung out with Beth, Erin, Amber and Toni while Lisette was bartending. Isabelle, Toni's new dog, is really cute.

The exhibit we saw at the Met, Barcelona and Modernity: from Gaudi to Dali, was exceptional. We ate at a cute diner at 57th and Lex (Lexington Candy Shop) and enjoyed a great couple of hours looking at art.

That night we took in Avenue Q, at the kind invitation of Andy Jones, Park's best bud from college who now works for Ave Q. After drinks at
At Aces and EightsAt Aces and EightsAt Aces and Eights

Me and Squeak and Nut (Andrea and Erin. . .)
the Mariott Marquise, we headed there. The show was a hoot, and afterwards I got to speak for a long time with the illustrious Jen Barnhardt, who's been in the show since it's inception. It was so nice to talk with someone who really has a point of reference for what I do every day. And she's brilliant. And I would love to be in her show, so. . . there.

Friday, I got some coffee, walked around and took a cab to Laguardia, and came home to Atlanta. It was an awesome vacation, just what I needed- time to relax.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

At Aces and Eights 2At Aces and Eights 2
At Aces and Eights 2

Isabelle makes her mama smile.
At Aces and Eights 3At Aces and Eights 3
At Aces and Eights 3

Wow! It's Squeak!!
At Aces and Eights 4At Aces and Eights 4
At Aces and Eights 4

Tink and Squeak- who came up with these names??
The futon. . .The futon. . .
The futon. . .

Where I slept!
TV is good for you.TV is good for you.
TV is good for you.

Or so says Squeak.
Walking to the MetWalking to the Met
Walking to the Met

Squeak and Nut on the street outside the Met.
All dressed up.All dressed up.
All dressed up.

On our way to see Avenue Q, and feeling sassy about it.
Post show.Post show.
Post show.

Trekkie Monster and I.
Post show 2.Post show 2.
Post show 2.

Myself and the über illustrious Jen Barnhardt, of Avenue Q.
Limping home. . .Limping home. . .
Limping home. . .

Squeak limps up the stairs. She can't handle the high heels.


23rd April 2007

I find it ironic...
I find it ironic that you actually found time to relax in New York City! Usually it's the other way around :-) So glad you had a great time!! Come visit me at Java if you can Tues/Thurs. I want to hear more about your trip. And yeah!! You got to see Avenue Q. Everybody's just a little bit racist.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb