New York, New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 13th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Central Park in the rainCentral Park in the rainCentral Park in the rain

Central Park with 5th Avenue in the background and Vicky looking well wrapped up!
So it begins...


Day two in New York now and just planning what to do today before we head out. We're currently in a hostel on West 95th Street just off Broadway. Its up towards Harlem (I thought that would get mum going ;-p). Its far from the luxuries of the first night in the airport Hilton, but also in the same price range??? If anyone is at newark airport anytime soon, I'd really reccomend the Double tree hotel, you get a complimentary cookie at check-in.

Had a busy day yesterday, in total walking over 200 blocks!!! The train station was on 31st street and we went back after dumping our bags. Seen most of the main sights (to an extent) so fat; cantral park; the Empire State building; Times Square; Maddison Square Garden. All in the rain and soaking wet with backpacks, but all enjoyable nevertheless.

Biggest mistake was stopping at the ESPN Bar in Times Square. There was me thinking 'oh lets go for a beer and see what sports are on?' Turns out I blew $14 dollars on drinks in one go when it would have been less than $6 in starbucks next door.
Amazing!!!Amazing!!!Amazing!!!

This guy was actually skiing down 5th Avenue! Had ski poles and ski's on wheels?


Amazing!!!
This guy was actually skiing down 5th Avenue! Had ski poles and ski's on wheels?
Time is ticking (54 seconds left!!!) so I'm off. Will update the rest soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

M&M'sM&M's
M&M's

The M&M shop on Broadway had every colour you could imagine!
The Fateful ESPN Bar!The Fateful ESPN Bar!
The Fateful ESPN Bar!

Was it worth the view for $14? (Probably if there was actually some kind of game on!)
Times SquareTimes Square
Times Square

I couldn't not put it in!
Empire StateEmpire State
Empire State

Vicky infront of the Empire State Building and with Rockerfella on the right (the building!!!)


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0955s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb