Brooklyn bound!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Brooklyn
August 30th 2013
Published: August 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Kev, Michelle, Ro & TedKev, Michelle, Ro & TedKev, Michelle, Ro & Ted

Plus Rupert too of course!
We've finally made it to Brooklyn and are now settled into our new home for the next three days; a gorgeous brownstone in Brooklyn Heights where we have our own lounge room (with a bookshelf full of very interesting books), bedroom and ensuite. I'm feeling super duper relaxed after eating a gorgeous meal - washed down by a rather delightful cocktail - in the River Deli just down the road; fish for me and lobster for Kev. And it's all very quiet here too; a pleasant change from the noise of Manhattan.

But how did we get to this point? Well before we could leave our apartment there was the washing, drying, packing etc etc which, while somewhat of a chore, is a necessity when you're moving home. After re-stocking the fridge, we said our goodbyes to the doorman on the way out and that was it!

Then it was time for a little socialising on the West side together with Kerrii, Grace & Rupert which started with a visit to Glaser's Bake Shop in 87th Street. Justine & John Glaser migrated to NYC from Germany, opening their bakery in 1902 and have been delighting New Yorkers ever since. I can attest to the fact that they make some delectable biscuits which we stocked up on to take to visit Vanessa, her beautiful three month old daughter Isabel, father-in-law Ted (AKA Itchy) and mother-in-law Ro (AKA Hap). Having met Vanessa and her partner Will on our visit to NYC last year it was great to meet the lovely edition to their family together with her delightful parents-in-law. It was also a great pleasure to see Vanessa once again; we were having such good fun it was a wrench to leave but leave we had to as our Brooklyn host was expecting us.

After dropping our bags off, looking around the place and chatting to Ben (who owns the place) we headed off for a walk down to the waterfront leaving Kerrii and the kids at the park there while we wandered off, a wander which finally led us to the River Deli. On the way we met someone who was operating a small 'drone' by remote control which had a camera mounted on it with which he was videoing the area. It was rather a pity that Grace & Rupert weren't still with us as I'm sure they would have found that very interesting. Ah well! Tomorrow we explore the area around us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Michelle & Kev at the River DeliMichelle & Kev at the River Deli
Michelle & Kev at the River Deli

Which turned out to be a popular bar and eatery!


30th August 2013

Looks like your having a lot of fun. :-) wish we could be there I love NYC enjoy the rest of your vacation. Xxx
30th August 2013

Busy busy
My goodness what a busy time you have had. You are really sampling quite a lot of New York. Fathers Day in Aus this weekend.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb