3 Ways to Experience Big Cities


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Brooklyn
February 27th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post







Originally posted on Tourism Daily tips.





There are so many things to do when you visit a big city. Chicago, New York, San Fransisco; they each have unique attractions and there is always so much to see and so many ways to see it. If you are struggling to decide which way you want to view the attractions here are a few tips to get you started.


Bus Tours



Bus tours get you down on street level and they let you see all of the major sights in just a day. Plus you don't have to wear yourself out walking or miss something you wanted to see because you are busy driving. These tours are also fast lasting only an hour or two. Plus you get the benefit of having a knowledgeable guide feeding you all kinds of interesting information.





Bus tours are also a great way to figure out what you want to do in a city. If take a bus tour the first day you can see everything and figure out which locations you might want to explore more in depth.





For example, if you take on of the many New York City bus tours you might realize that you want to spend some time at the Guggenheim, The Museum of Modern Art, and Central Park rather than Battery Park and the Empire State Building. By getting a quick overview and deciding what you want, you are saving yourself a lot of walking and a lot of wasted time.


Segway Tours



The only problem with a bus tour is that you are constantly moving. What if you want to stop and spend some time at a few of places in the city. If you have ever walked around a big city you know how tiring it can be. Just to see a few of the sites you will have to walk more then a few blocks. But a segway makes it all easier. You get to visit all of the best spots with out being worn out.





A Chicago segway tour, for example, will let you zip from historic Wrigley Field, to Navy Pier, to the Lincoln Park Zoo with out breaking a sweat. There is no better way to get up close and personal with all the awesome places in a city then a segway.


Helicopter Tours



Seeing everything on the ground is great but if you really want to experience the grandeur of a big city you need to get a 10,000 foot view. Okay, maybe not that high. But a helicopter tour will give you an awesome view of whichever city you are visiting.





You'll get to see the skyline like few others have. There is no better way to see and feel the pulse of a city then high above it looking down on all the buildings and moving cars.





There is more more then one way to see a city. Hopefully this will help you make up your mind.





Flickr

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb