New York - Tuesday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Brooklyn
June 13th 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in New York...
We started by getting up early, yes out the door by 5am to see what exactly happens at 5am on a Tuesday morning... The streets were quiet, only a few joggers out and of course the cleaners- cleaning the Ruby Red Stairs on top of the TKTS Booth...exactly where we were aiming to get a few photos done! Seems like they take for ever to clean those stairs so we walked to the nearest Starbucks and got ourselves some Coffee and found other things to take photos of..

Brooklyn Bethel
We took a cab to Brooklyn Bethel and it only cost about $18 from Times Square, not bad considering there were 4 of us sharing the cost!
It was so exciting seeing the "Watchtower" building as we drove over Brooklyn Bridge, we couldn't wait for Natasha to give us a tour around Bethel.

It was so nice seeing our friends again and being treated to lunch with the Bethel members. It's amazing to see so many people from all different backgrounds, cultures and launguages all working peacefully and happily together, from the laundry room, writing department, kitchen, dining hall all the way to software development - they all love what they do and it shows!

After our Bethel visit we went to Grand Central Station -the world's largest train station by number of platforms, 44 with 67 tracks. The main concourse is what most tourists come to see, the interior measures 275ft (about 84m) long and 120ft(about 37m) wide and the ceiling is 125ft (about 38m) high and painted a turquoise blue-the mediterranean sky with about 2500 stars and the 60 largest ones being illuminated. The floors are made up of marble and the walls of a warm buff colored stone, it really is a beautiful station!

Broadway
One of my highlights was seeing Phantom Of The Opera on Broadway! It was absolutely amazing and the music was fantastic! Our seats weren't bad, we couldn't see their facial expressions but we were close enough to see what was going on and to live in the moment. The stage and set was huge and kept changing, the costumes were gorgeous, the cast was magnificent and I would definitely watch it again!!! What an experience!

Billboards
After that 'Phantastic' (haha...get it?) show we found ourselves putting on a little show of our own! Jason and I ended up having our photo taken and then had displayed on a huge 15000 square ft led billboard on Times Square! Crazy! No one else wanted to have a go and Tamsin didn't want to go alone so I helped her out and together we said "Good bye" to New York...

(to see all the photos scroll all the way down and then select page 2 and the same to see page 3.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb