Planes, Trains, and Automobiles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Long Island
June 28th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Ian and FamilyIan and FamilyIan and Family

At the Ramada JFK
The journey is finally underway! We had a limo service (a mini-van actually) drive us to the airport in DC. We left Reagan National this afternoon - about 45 minutes late of course. Flight to JFK was smooth and quick. JFK is a really big facility - took us a while to get luggage - quite a hike to the baggage area.

Ian called us and said he would meet us at the Airtrain (the JFK shuttle train between terminals) station. We all took the shuttle bus to the hotel and had dinner together. Great to see him and catch up on his life in NYC - he is doing very well.

There are severe thunderstorms in the NYC area this evening. Lots of power outages, flooding and plane delays. Glad we arrived ealier in the day!

We leave for Hong Kong tomorrow about 1:30 pm. I expect things should be back on schedule by then. Our next posting should be in a few days, after we get to HK.


Advertisement



28th June 2007

Bon Voyage!
I'm so glad you left tonight! Imagine if you had a connecting flight?!...eek! You look/sound excited. Fun to see Ian! Safe travels tomorrow. Can't wait for the next blog update. I subscribed! Have fun :o) xoxo, M.

Tot: 0.536s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.5063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb