fa-ra-ra ra-ra


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Finger Lakes
December 25th 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

on a jaunt through the Finger Lakes, then off to Brattleboro followed by a stop at Boston. apparently, we love the snow.

then a visit to Abu on the way home, of course.

christmas was pleasant, barely a sole around, we've been occupying ourselves by skating, skiing and scavenging for food.

those of you familiar with the classic "A Christmas Story", will appreciate the fact that xmas dinner was of the asian sort, sans duck.

holiday cheers,
kathryn


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Yama-gobo, anyone?Yama-gobo, anyone?
Yama-gobo, anyone?

we held off on the "Ithaca" and "Cayuga" specials and went straight for the edamame and handrolls...
korean sushi...korean sushi...
korean sushi...

but we'd take it! the chef rushed around whipping up our order. we weren't the only ones in there...
friendly folkfriendly folk
friendly folk

life is just different up here in Ithaca. xmas day, the parks were welcoming, lots open, trails open, weather advisories, and waterfalls flowing...
darling, you look gorgeous.darling, you look gorgeous.
darling, you look gorgeous.

they're a dime a dozen up here - but i am far from becoming jaded by or ungrateful of their beauty. as the cows in Alfred, i'll love each one.
look, ma!look, ma!
look, ma!

the smile was one of relief - what you can't see is that i was standing on an island of stability: a grassy patch discovered halfway down the slope.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb