The Trip Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Depauville
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

27 June - 14 July

Sorry for the long delay in doing an update, but life sometimes has a way of running us over. Our trip home went smoothly it was a long slow bus ride via a route I would not have taken. Greyhound has cut back on many of the cities they serve in the past few years. From Asheville, NC we went to Knoxville, TN, Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland, OH, Buffalo, Syracuse and finally to Watertown, NY. It took just over 24 hours! The worst part of the ride was having to sit for so many hours, both of us has swelling in the legs and feet.
Once we made it home I scheduled an appointment with the VA to have them look at my ankles. Made it in on the 11th of July only to find out it was just so they could have an intern look at me and ask what my problem was. Fill out some forms with my general information and then schedule an appointment with the real doctor in September. The ankles are doing OK as you will hear later. I have done all the touch up work around the house and am scheduled to go back to work tomorrow (July 21st). CC is trying to get used to not walking all day every day, boredom is giving her fits. We had reservations in Baxter state Park for July 16 - 17. If you are walking North into the park it costs you nothing. If you drive up and then do the mountain and walk out, you must pay. Fair enough system and we had paid our money up front and didn’t want to loose it. We had offered the days to our daughter Joline, but she couldn’t get the time off work. Being in better shape than we have been in years, we decided to drive up and do the mountain weather permitting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb