Has it been a year already?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Buffalo
January 16th 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, it's been a while since I've written, but truth be told, it has just been a busy point for us lately. Finishing touches and finishing up the renovations. A testament to that is the fact that tonight I should be working on things like curtains and cushions. Plus we installed some lights. When you get to curtains and cushions you are in the tail end of any major home renovation project😊

First off, let me apologize for today's picture of Charlie (the second last shot). And say frankly, that you can just never totally babyproof. They will find something to injure themselves on. He was walking today and being relatively new to it, not every journey goes as planned. This one ended in an epic battle with a chair leg. The chair leg was the clear victor when the dust settled. Thankfully I have experience in dealing with the forehead puncture from Lena's skirmish with the kitchen cabinets from about a year ago. So, Charlie was already back on track and interested in taking apart some fake veggies while I steri-stripped his forehead shut and slathered him with neosporin. It looks worse than it is, I promise.

As for the last picture of Lena, she has had a ton of interest lately in pictures. Pictures of her and as she puts it "My people", also known as 'my family', but I kind of like 'my people'. So, whenever anyone is on the computer, regardless of what they are doing, for instance working, Lena would rather the computer do a slide show of all the pictures on it. While this is sometimes annoying, she is ridiculously cute as she reacts to each picture. The clear favorites at this point are: any picture involving horses, particularly if she is riding them, any pictures where Charlie is making a face, and any pictures involving cousin Ally. It is great though, she lights up and giggles and describes the picture to me, or asks me who it is. It is really pretty cool and Andy and I have both clocked up more than a couple of hours of 'this is your life' narration. Typically she isn't interested in much of the pre-kids pics, but I did have to pull out the wedding album today as Andy was working on the computer all morning and she thought it was hysterical. Just wait another twenty years my dear. Just wait. It will probably come full circle and you'll want to have your photos shot in a field next to some farm equipment and sheep like Granddad and Grandma.

Another new development for Lena is the truncated conversation. For the sake of expedience she will narrate both parts of the conversation, or just skip over yours entirely. A favorite conversation of mine goes like this: "I Help?" "Ok." At which point she is right in the thick of whatever it was you were trying to accomplish. At times she is actually helpful. And at times it at least gets more entertaining.

Lena is starting to understand or at least regurgitate the concepts behind sharing and rationing. Tonight she was eating Kix out of a bowl. Charlie came over, and she knew she should share, but kept insisting "Take one Charlie, ONE!" Yes, well, the age of reason is coming for you Lena, but it is still a bit far off for Charlie.

The rest of the pics are captioned or speak for themselves. We have been hanging out a bit with Uncle Timmy as he gets ready to head down to SC on his next adventure. We are also doing better at seeing our friends with work on the house winding down.

We have some exciting little trips planned out over the next few months, and with any luck all the excitement will be of the good variety!

We love you both so much!






Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Lena helps Charlie open ALL his giftsLena helps Charlie open ALL his gifts
Lena helps Charlie open ALL his gifts

But that is totally fine with him.
She also helps Great Grandma with her cart.She also helps Great Grandma with her cart.
She also helps Great Grandma with her cart.

You know, in case she needed someone to ride in it to the door.
Play-doh:Play-doh:
Play-doh:

Unquestionably one of your favorite gifts.
A masterpiece!A masterpiece!
A masterpiece!

You know, back when the play-doh was still four distinctly different colors. At this point it is all a muted green. All of it.
CJ, all wrapped up and ready to sled.CJ, all wrapped up and ready to sled.
CJ, all wrapped up and ready to sled.

You were a champion. I'll bet you went down half a dozen times before we elected to send you with Grandpa for warming. We followed soon after.
Ok, let me explain...Ok, let me explain...
Ok, let me explain...

One of your favorite games is to play mustache. Mommy takes some of her hair and lays it across her lip under her nose for a mustache. So clearly the play-doh was an even better substitute!
Mustaches for Everyone!Mustaches for Everyone!
Mustaches for Everyone!

Hopefully not real ones.
Wild man!Wild man!
Wild man!

Every now and then you have a particularly active nap and wake up with crazed hair.


23rd January 2011

They are so cute. Glad tyou have time to send them. It helps

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb