Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Buffalo
July 12th 2009
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Almost the coolest thing thus far... 14 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
As sunlight cascades upon beautiful Buffalo, my eyes are met with two strange sights: 50 snowplows waiting for an emergency on the runway in July, exclaimed Ashley, and “What are those large white things sticking out of the ground with the funny arms?”
“Oh yeah, I forget you don't have snow in the south and what the heck are you talking about white things with arms? Oh wait, those are windmills that used to have six arms, but they kept sucking in Canadian Geese, so now they are down to three arms,” replied Fern!
In the parking lot of the World’s Greatest Grocery Store, Wegmans, we first became acquainted with our new best friend of the trip. Imagine a shiny grape skittle and you can picture our new best friend, the purple Jimmy! “Damn it Erin, it’s not a skittle and don’t worry I packed a goody box in the back of it, with a bunch of rags, and skittles in the console. Oh yeah and a bunch of scented cotton balls in the ash tray to make it smell nice, not like a funeral home.” As we opened the back door of our new best friend, we
The Skittle!The Skittle!The Skittle!

Who can count the most purple cars?
found a box of supplies, a cooler, and what we like to call “the playpen,” an area to move around in when you get bored!
Big Gay Mark and Dutchy Boy surprised us at Wegmans and added to the hilarious shopping trip where we bought a few snacks for the trip and introduced Ashley to the World’s Largest Grocery Store. The sights and sounds of Wegmans were just too much for us, so we stopped at the Mighty Taco for a snack and had delicious Loganberry, a Buffalo specialty! After touring the highlights of Buffalo, it was off to Aunt Charity’s house to pick up Gretta, the Garmin, and for dinner. On our side trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, we were going to win a million dollars by videotaping this boy who climbed the side of the building with his skateboard, but the fun was ruined by a security guy!
Day 1 has come to a close in Toledo, Ohio where hopefully we can get a good night’s rest, after being invited to Spring Break in the room across from us we had to move our hotel room upstairs away from the excitement!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



13th July 2009

Ashley
According to the screen you wrote this first entry....I see now that you are the perfect traveling companion for Erin!
13th July 2009

Day 1
things that I like about Day 1: 1. a purple vehicle 2. "Pennsylvania Welcomes You" and Gov. Ed Rendell 3. PIEROGIES!!!! 4. Big Gay Things I do not like about Day 1: 1. CLEVELAND Have fun ladies!! Keep it real and be safe!
13th July 2009

Sleeping arramgements!!
So glad you did NOT sleep in the skittle!!!!! Love the entries!
13th July 2009

Yay, pierogies!
We have whole aisles of them in Pittsburgh, too, which amazed my friend from Charlotte. Nice blog and pics, guys!
14th July 2009

Wow
So much done already and only one day in! I can't believe you chose to spend the night in Ohio. You know you can get cooties just from thinking about that state...

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb