Goodbye New England


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It seems incredible that we have been here for more than two weeks now and are heading into the final part of our holiday. It has been utterly fantastic, we have seen and done so much and the joy of wandering around with no fixed agenda has met every expectation. We have decided to head to Niagara for our final hurrah, so are slowly moving west. Leaving the trailer park (Spencer said the showers were grotty... I, as usual, used the on board facilities) we headed to Burlington, highly recommended as the best resort on Lake Champlain. We thought it pretty average really. The best thing we found was a proper bakery where we bought a loaf of French bread for lunch. Bread in America is generally sweet, soft and mass produced so it was a real treat. We then drove via the bridge to Grand Isle in the middle of the lake, from where we caught the ferry to New York State, bidding goodbye to beautiful New England and heading into the Adirondack National Park. The park is wonderful, miles of forest, with stunning lake and river vistas at every turn. We spent the night at the Blue Jay campsite on Tupper Lake, I think the prettiest campsite so far. It is set right on the lake, with a swimming beach and boat moorings. Cold though, not far off freezing I think (apparently there was ice on the lake less than a month ago). The RV has both air conditioning and a heater and we have used both during this trip. Tomorrow we head for Lake Ontario.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb