New Mexico!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico
July 23rd 2012
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Three hundred miles travelled today. Heading out of Texas we reached the midway point of the trip (in terms of miles) and had a brunch at a restored cafe there. It was just like stepping back in time to how we imagined the traditional 60's diner s would have been. It was fantastic! another t shirt for David!

As we left Texas, where the land is so vast, flat and dry and the sky seems massive, we crossed the state line into New Mexico. What a ride! The mountainous and very rugged terrain was just amazing; one of our rest breaks was in the middle of it all and so isolated. You certainly wouldn't want to break down out there that's for sure. We had a fuel stop at Las Vegas, New Mexico; nothing like the Las Vegas Nevada! Im really starting to understand why Americans love their big cars.

Today the heat dropped by about 10 degrees F - that difference was really noticeable, plus much lower humidity. There is a bit of pink on everyone's faces today, most likely from our stops today out in the open. We had a few drops of rain as we rode into Santa Fe - I counted them - eight in total hit my visor, just bliss!

Funnily enough, the onlthwart of me that's really sore from the big days is my feet; most likely from the vibration through the foot supports I have my feet on.

We are staying in an amazing hotel, it was built in 1880 and refurbished recently. It has the biggest and most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. It's like a monestary in a lot of ways, built in very traditional Mexican style. Everything is white and lit candles everywhere, just gorgeous.

A shorter day today, just over 200 miles. We travel through Madthe where the Wild Hogs movie was made.

Every day is getting better - it's just a dream trip!

Hi to all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb