Ancient Art & UFO's in the Desert


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Tularosa
October 18th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Road Runner with SnakeRoad Runner with SnakeRoad Runner with Snake

(click on these for a better view)
We were planning to stay longer in the Guadalupe Mountains but extremely high winds, with gusts up to 70 MPH (thats 112 kilometers per hour) made us decide to move on.

We head to Roswell NM for the night. In the morning we check out the Roswell UFO museum. It is dedicated to information about the "Roswell Incident" in teh 1940's in which a UFO crashed in the desert near Roswell & the incedent was covered up by the US government.

It was fun to see some of the people in the Museum. Some were WAY INTO IT. I think that for some people, belief in UFO's is a way of feeling connected to life in the universe. That's a good thing.
For myself, I don't think that either a visit from Life from Space, or a US Government coverup is either that fantastic or unusual. Happens all the time.

We then cross the Mescalero Apache Reservation into the Tularosa Basin, where we hike thru an ancient petroglyph site. There are thousands of images carved into rock here. The site is on a volcanic ridge, some distance from any village site. The beauty of the setting and the images is healing to the soul, & nourishment to the imagination.




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

another good oneanother good one
another good one

they are all good
still morestill more
still more

These pictures are only a small fraction af all the images


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb