Silver city, 1 last climb


Advertisement
Published: April 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

after we got into buckhorn campground, 3 more cyclists showed up. the climb from 3 way was very difficult. we were all tired, it took us 5 hours to climb 3000 feet, and go14 miles. we still had 31 miles to go. granted bob and mary had an anchor. they averaged about a mile quarter faster than me. bob says we can't call them keith waits anymore. we have to start calling them sam slows. but we made it to the top as a group, 6250 feet. we had all we wanted and were patting ourselves on the back. 45 miles and 4000 feet of vertical climbing. the 3 cyclists came from safford 80 miles and 7000 vertical feet of climbing. bob says they're all made of gristle.
the next day we got up and climbed into silver city. another 39 miles and only 2000 vertical feet of climbing. we are ready for a rest day. we crossed the continental divide and I saw my first to wild pigs. they were much larger than I expected. they came running down the hill and right through a barbed wire fence. they scared me , because they do run out in front of you. happily they did not. this brings me up to date. on monday, we will climb the mountain to emory pass. it is the highest point on our trip. no doubt it will be every bit as hard as anything we've done so far.
Sam

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb