Fall Colors Aspens


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
October 11th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.6915, -105.937

From our balcony, we can look up on the mountains heading to the ski lift and see all the aspen mixed in with the conifers. We began to see them starting to change color and decided we needed to go and check them out.

Got up early one morning and headed up to the ski basin. Since it was early, there was still mist rising off the road as we headed up and made the trees so magical looking!

Because we were up there early, we were able to stop several times and take a look at the aspens in all their glory. Got to the top and got out and looked down over the city of Santa Fe and were once again reminded of one of the many reasons we are so happy we are here!

As we headed down, the traffic heading up was getting more and more crowded and we were very glad we chose to go early. Went and had breakfast at one of our favorite locations; the Teahouse, then a chair massage at Whole Foods and then home.

Glad we went when we did because a storm blew in with heavy wind and the trees lost their leaves. Now time for winter to set in!



Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb