more on Santa Fe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
April 8th 2006
Published: April 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are on mountain time here; getting so I never know what time it is; forward , back, daylight saving, what time zone??

Santa Fe has definitely zoned me out! It is toooooooooo much.
Gotta be a Taurus city.....things and more things; just keep touching and looking!!

Went through a neat gallery this am before coming to this library again (today I have a whole hour, as opposed to a half hour yesterday). There were several glass blown objects there we liked for about $2200.00 each! Ha. All the work in that gallery was nice and unique.
Not much even close to our "budget"

Also this am we walked around the "artists' market, outdoors ; and the Farmers' market ,indoors. Met a nice lady who trained in weaving in Sweden; added japanesse dying to her portfolio; and Rick took her photo with one exquisite piece of work. She wants him to email the picture to him; then there was a wood carver, whose stuff was a rough look; and great stuff; such as a coyote howling; and some signs; and then a guy doing great gourd work.; and a great lady photographer; and a leather worker.
Onto the Farmers' Market, and a band , of "old foggies ", like us; playing music.They were good; AND ... for sale there: 2 baby goats, 9 days old; spices (lots ) (I got some chipotle (sp??) which is chili powder , smoked, quite bright red; also for sale lots of homemade soap; and breads; and herbs; juices; fresh veg; a great place ; very relaxing.
I bought and have eaten already,a vegetable calzone; the lady makes them and she lets the dough rise/work 2 days. Then the veg mix she selects gets put in the middle; then baked.It was $4.00 and worth every penny.

We need to finish our museum tours that we have prepaid today; 3 to go>>>the Indian and Art Centre; the International Folk art one ; and one more; will do that this aft.
Possibly a trip to Toas tomorrow.
Haven't toured a pueblo yet; but I did look up pueblo here; it is a Spanish word for "village"; and identifies the Indian inhabitants dwellings, whose anscestors were here more that 1500 years ago.

There is a building code in Santa Fe; if you construct it, it must look "adobe". This seems to apply mainly to the colour. So the malls , such as "Santa Fe Place" have yellow toned exteriors. And really if you glance around, everything in buildings is pretty much the same colour.

I have a coupon for a chicken dinner ; buy one , get second meal at 1/2 price; so it's take out chicken tonite from "Hidden Chicken Cafe" on St. Michaels St. Rick was on that street yesterday to visit a guitar/music store. Today he wants to pop in the goodwill store , to get a "warm" shirt, for the trip home.

Thinking of my sister today , as she has had to return to the hospital in Newmarket , where they will have to try a fix up the first surgery done on Feb 14th; the hip keeps popping out. Hi to Scott and good luck to get better Scott; we are thinking of you and pulling for you. To all others , hope this spring day is going well! Hi to the ones who look after little ones..George and Shelley; can I get those young goats and bring one to both of you, for the kids (LOL)" kids for kids. "

Grocery shopped yesterday in "albertsons"; great store; became a "preferred "customer so we can get their discounts. Thought the Swiss cheese Rick likes was a lot more expensive than home; TBone $7.99 a pound; how does that compare? seem to have Loaf (such as lemon loaf in stores "down" here; all sliced and packaged; and a fab assortment of flours; not just that boring "all purpose " flour we get. The flours were in 1 and 2 pound packages.

Our waste has been absolutely disgusting; no recycling anywhere so far. We throw a ton of waste away daily!

And yes, I saw the plant display in Texas, flora display , not fauna , we saw.
Adios amigos! and have a good one!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb