Close encounters of the alien kind


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Roswell
May 14th 2015
Published: May 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Roswell. A name synonymous with alien beings from another world. It's not much of a town so unless you are visiting the International UFO Museum And Research Center,you'll no doubt drive straight on by. There certainly didn't seem to be anything else there worth exploring, although some of the shops were fun and the nearby restaurants looked tempting.

Our opinions were mixed about the museum. There were lots of fun things to see and contemplate, but in this day and age it could have been a lot more interactive. It deals with a subject that lends itself to interactivity so that aspect was a bit disappointing. It was good, however, to learn so much more about the 1947 "incident" although it left us wondering how on Earth certain things happened. How were the greatest military minds in the USA so confused about what crashed? Surely it would have been obvious if it had been a weather balloon. Without doubt it would have been equally obvious if a spaceship containing visitors from another world had crashed. Who knows? Who knows if we will ever know?! There are more questions than answers!!

One thing is for sure, Roswell perpetuates the myth of UFOs and aliens. There
The 1947 "Incident"The 1947 "Incident"The 1947 "Incident"

Believe what you will!!
are displays about alien abductions, crop circles, close encounters of the first, second and third kind, and much, much more. There are videos to watch and the whole history of the 1947 incident to study. Something was lacking though, and it all felt a bit old school - looking through dusty display cabinets at turgid exhibitions. If you are not openly curious about the whole UFO thing, it's probably not the best place for you to visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



27th May 2015
Roswell UFO Museum

Stunned!
I thought that there were many, many more sightings--not just the 1947 incident. I'd always heard that there were regular gatherings there--maybe planetary alignments or maybe just nutcases. Thanks for covering this, so we don't have to. But maybe it's a funny tale to tell back home.
27th May 2015
Roswell UFO Museum

We come in peace!
There have been other sightings but the 1947 incident is the only "contact".
30th May 2015
More aliens

Roswell
Glad you are having great fun and enjoying all the history and possibilities.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb