Day One: Las Vegas, NV to Albuquerque, NM


Advertisement
Published: September 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1


I still cannot spell “Albuquerque” correctly on the first try.



The Drive Begins

It was a mad rush to get on the road. We stayed up most of the night before and got up early to finish hauling out trash and loading a few essentials into the Uhaul. But it was finally done, and we couldn't be happier to be out of there. With Mark behind the wheel and Callie Cat securely in her carrier, we drove away from our Las Vegas apartment. It was our first place together, but this move will mean a lot of other firsts for us. Let the adventure begin!



The Most Annoying Sound in the World

Before we agreed that Callie should take the drive with us, I warned Mark of her howling. Like many cats, Callie is not a fan of vehicle transportation. And so she emits a heartbreakingly sorrowful howl. To our surprise, she barely had anything to say. Only a couple peeps when she was nervous or if she needed some reassurance, but she impressed us all with her ability to adapt to life in the truck.



A Whole Lotta Nothin'

The directions were simple - get on I-40 East and stay there for three days. Our drive on the first day took us through Arizona and half of New Mexico. As expected, it was flat, brown, and forgettable. Albuquerque was a fairly large town, which broke up the monotony of the landscape. But it was dark when we arrived, and all we were interested in was getting a good night's sleep at that point.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Master of the UhaulMaster of the Uhaul
Master of the Uhaul

Callie Cat enjoying her perch


Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb