Day 37 - Albuquerque


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
January 10th 2006
Published: January 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast according to the motel was a selection of cakes, which displeased Louisa but I was happy. We went to the tourist office to find out how to get to the nearby tramway which is apparently the longest in the world. It goes all the way up a mountain overlooking Albuquerque. However public transport proved to be limited and we couldn't get there unless we walked for hours. So instead we had a walk around town and visited the Museum of Natural History which was fortunately free for today only. We had a wander around the outside of the art gallery admiring (and abusing) the statues outside. Then we walked the 2 miles to the University Of New Mexico to use the free internet, but we were too late as they were closed :p The area around the university is called the 'Historic Nobhill' district which spans along Route 66, though the only historic thing we could see was a mall that was founded in 1947! Ate at Taco Bell again, yum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Roooaaar!Roooaaar!
Roooaaar!

"I didn't get the part in Jurassic Park and now I'm a homeless bum wandering the streets of Albuquerque :( "


Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 93; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb