International Owner Seeks Nets


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
September 25th 2009
Published: September 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The name Mikhail Prokhorov might not sound familiar to those who call the Meadowlands home, but it looks like he will soon be a household name in the next few years due to him announcing he has a deal in place to purchase 80% of the New Jersey Nets.
Prokhorov a former basketball player himself, is the richest man in Russia and has a net worth of over 1 billion dollars.

An international owner is something the NBA has been seeking for many years as it’s effort continues to spread the brand of the NBA around the globe. There is no better place to start than in the Meadowlands. The buzz around the Sports Complex continues to be the talk of the town in the Meadowlands!!!!

The deal said to be in place will give the Net’s principal owner Bruce Ratner the financial support to start “Atlantic Yards,” a retail and residential developmental project outside of the property taken up the Izod Center.

With the deal still being in the early stages of negotiations, it seems the Meadowlands will be home for the Nets for years to come. With trades being made this past off-season Nets fans have a lot to be excited about as they hope to see the Nets in the playoffs.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb