Syracuse Football to Play at the Meadowlands!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
August 20th 2009
Published: August 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It is official, Syracuse football is coming to the Meadowlands!!! Syracuse University will be playing several new games at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

They will play the national power house, University of Southern California on September 8th 2012 and Notre Dame on September 27th 2014 and again on September 3rd 2016. The aspect of college football seems to be the only event that does not take place the Meadowlands. With the Nets, Red Bulls, Giants, Jets, and horse racing going on all year around at the Meadowlands, college football will bring more excitement to the Meadowlands.

"The history of college football at Meadowlands runs deep, dating back to the Garden State Bowl in the 1970s and Kickoff Classics in the 1980s," said John Mara, co-owner of the New York Giants. "I am thrilled to continue this long-standing tradition, and to watch it grow at our new home.”

The new stadium has revived the Meadowlands and sports fans have everything to be excited about for years to come!!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb