6th Annual NJ Meadowlands Festival of Birding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
July 31st 2009
Published: July 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Considering that the Meadowlands is great place for birding no wonder the 6th Annual New Jersey Meadowlands Festival of Birding is taking place on September 12-13th. You will be able to experience the Meadowlands like never before. The festival is a great event to bring the children to as well. It is an all day event with so many things to do you will want to do them all.
Tickets are on sale now at $40 a person and for those up to the age of 17 are FREE. Tickets include breakfast and lunch on Saturday and all the exciting adventure you can imagine. Some of the activities that the festival will entail are birding walks, eco-cruises in the Meadowlands, guided paddling tours, and a keynote presentation by Dr. Robert DeCandido on “Migration at the Top of the Empire State Building.”
The festival will also have indoor programs including birding basics, nature of New Jersey, all about butterflies, and a live raptor presentation. There are so many different events to choose from you are not going to know what to do. It is organized by the Hackensack Riverkeeper and the New Jersey Audubon Society.

Last year’s event was a huge success and this year is scheduled to top it. For more information click here to view the festival brochure. http://www.hackensackriverkeeper.org/BirdFest09.htm

There are two ways to register - either call 201-968-0808 or click here https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=23992

This festival you will not want to miss out on!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb