East Coast of USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Atlantic City
December 13th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am back in Philly for my last day in the US and A (as Borat was put it). I have been extremely busy doing my tour.

I have been to visit 2 more friends from Maui and also Amelia in NY which was a bit of an unexpected surprise.

I think it is worth mentioning that Stef’s mother in particular has looked after me. I have sampled chocky cookies out of the oven, philly cheese cake, chilli like I have never tasted! Luckily I have been busy enough to walk it all off.

Saturday avo - Sunday I spent experiencing the mean streets of Atlantic City. AC is New Jersey’s answer to Las Vegas. There is a seam of Casinos which run between the beach and the ghetto. So Lindsay and walked the boardwalk on Saturday morning. Along the way side there was a mixture of singing freaks, freaks and amputees all after some spare change. We walked all the way past the Casinos and instantly we were in ghetto. So I had to have my picture taken there.

After discovering my new love - Philly Cheese Steaks - a sub with just finely cut steak,
Brent & AC ghettoBrent & AC ghettoBrent & AC ghetto

The REAL tour of Atlantic City.
cheese, onion and peppers, I was off to see Amelia. NY was just a train (or 2) away! Visiting Meals ended up being a perfect! We went out and got buffalo wings and then she took me for a tour of Soho. Fabulous!

Monday proved to be an enthralling day. I walked the equivalent of a ½ marathon around Downtown and after lunch (on L’Oreal) I took stroll through Central Park. I decided that it would be fun to walk the length of Central Park and check out Uptown. I made it out the top some 2hours later and came to the realization that I was in the Ghetto again. I knew that the sun was going to be setting in half an hour so there was no way I was going to walk through Central Park again. So I high tailed it along 110th St to the subway. Later from the reactions of those I told the story, I am lucky to get out of there. Stef’s Dad is a born and breed NY’er and advised me he would not have made the same journey. Oh well.
I scrambled on to a train out of NY, with all
Meals and Brent in NYMeals and Brent in NYMeals and Brent in NY

Team talk early Tues morning.
the commuters. This again was quite an experience as you wait in a holding pen until your train is called and then it is a stampede to the Gate and seats on the train. Of course I missed the first train but by the second I understood the ferocity of the beast and managed to get on to the train.

Tuesday, Stef and I went to Washington DC and saw the museums and where Marty Louey King did his thang. On the way to George W’s whare we experienced an escort. This involved a lot of commotion and several police escorts. Overall, there was plenty of Police presence around all the monuments and attractions.
We met up with Denise who used to work with me in Maui. She become my brief drinking partner before Stef drove us back to Philly on the 95.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sun down in Cetral ParkSun down in Cetral Park
Sun down in Cetral Park

Right before i walked through to the ghetto.
Hirsh centre in DCHirsh centre in DC
Hirsh centre in DC

Headache yet?
Stef me capitol building in backgroundStef me capitol building in background
Stef me capitol building in background

Look a plane... just kidding
Denise and meDenise and me
Denise and me

Quick beer at DC.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb