Capsizing canoes and Nipi's!


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Just completed the first week of specialised training. Excellent fun. Can't believe this is work! I think it will be really different when the kids arrive so am making the most of it now. Learnt how to canoe. It was such good fun until we played chase the sponge. Jason and I managed to capsize the canoe. It was pretty scarey at the time as I got stuck under the boat but once I stopped panicking I relaxed and swam out from underneath. I pretended that we were meant to capsize so we could practise a rescue!
We also went in a Nipi which was excellent fun. A bit like a sauna but outdoors with hot coals. Lovely as the weather has been pretty wet and cold. Also been climbing and did archery!
Had a free day today to do laundry and relax before we start more training next week. Don't have another weekend off for two weeks so am going to have a beer or two tonight!

Advertisement



20th June 2005

Sounds like your having fun! Who's this Jason then, eh? I've only got 5 weeks to go and my visa interview at the embassy on Wednesday!! Aaarrgghh!!
20th June 2005

Good time in New hampshire
Sounds like you are having a fab time Maria

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb