Day 46


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The girls had tennis this morning so I was able to go to the CK to catch up on internet and talk to Jessica, Wes and Torey about our plans for our day off. It is just the 4 of us, and this is our last day off! I can’t believe how fast this summer is going! We then had boating, and the weather was so nice out so I went to the middle of the lake and just sat there! We then had swimming after lunch, and again, on such a nice day it felt great! This evening was bunk night, so we requested a campfire with s’mores and it was granted! We were able to have our campfire with Bunk 11 and it was a blast. Jesse brought her guitar and both Steve and Carrie from Campcraft helped us make our fire and help with the s’mores. Our night was very eventful, the car that we borrowed was out of gas, empty tank, gas light on…..oh man…..predicament! We got stuck in a town called Warren and the small town was dead except for a woman on her front porch. We asked her if she could take us to the closest town with a gas station- she also had a gas can that we could borrow and filled our tank. We then made it safely to our hotel.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb