Not dull yet...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire » Durham
January 22nd 2010
Published: January 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, we thought we had had our full share of adventures on this trip. Wrong.

On January 20, as we slowly got ready, we noticed that one of the rear tires looked a bit flat. So we drove to a gas station to fill it with air. Of course they could not accommodate anything that big. So they sent us to an RV dealer fairly closeby. In we drove. They told us they didn't do tires, that we should go to Savannah Tire. So out we attempted to drive - yes, you guessed it, there was no exit on the other side of the building. So off came the Toyota (which incidentally might be on the latest recall list). John is getting very talented at backing the RV.

At Savannah Tire, the mechanic removed the tire. It had a large hole on its inside. We realized that the huge pop we had heard the day before had not been one of our doors swinging open... They examined the tire-age code and discovered that the tires had not been new last summer, as we had been led to believe, but instead were ten years old! We are very grateful that we did not have a worse event with blown out tires.

Six hours later, and with six new tires, we drove to the end of Georgia and set up our site.

Yesterday, after another torrential rain that again made us appreciate not being in our beloved tent, we set off again, for our Kissimee destination. That trip was relatively problem-free, although the radio was broadcasting tornado warnings and the wind was a bit stiff.

When we arrived, we found that we had been assigned site #13. No surprise.

Advertisement



5th February 2010

What else?
The point of a blog is to say what you are doing...so what are you doing?? No new posts??

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb