Henderson and Las Vegas - Long Weekend Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Henderson
May 30th 2005
Published: June 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Ready for our second 'summer adventure', Linda and I headed for Henderson and Las Vegas for another long weekend of fun. Since it was a holiday weekend we decided to get a jump on things and so came in late Thursday night. We checked into the Boulder Station hotel, since we knew we'd just be sleeping there. The next morning we headed out to Henderson, where we stayed the next three nights at the beautiful Hyatt resort.

It was pretty much a party weekend, in which we stayed out late every night, slept in, and then did some moderate sightseeing during the day. Friday night was dancing at Gilley's in the Frontier, Saturday night we went to New York, New York to see the late showing of 'Zumanity' (a very entertaining show) and then hung out at the Bar at Times Square for dueling pianos fun, then Sunday night we partied at the Green Valley Ranch's hip and trendy bar, 'Whisky Sky', in Henderson. Yes, note the picture of the sunrise view....

Saturday we drove through the Lake Mead national park area on our way to visit the Hoover Dam. While interesting, I would say if you've seen it once you'll never need to see it again. On the way back from the Dam we also drove over to Boulder City and did a little shopping where we both bought some Indian jewelry.

Sunday was our designated 'resort day' and so we spent it relaxing at our hotel and lounging out by the pool, ordering poolside lunch and drinks.

We didn't see a whole lot of the Vegas strip this trip, although we checked out the new Wynn casino, walked through New York, New York, and did some shopping in the Caesar's mall. I also visited Siegfried and Roy's 'Secret Garden' inside the Mirage to see the beautiful white tigers and white lions. Our favorite meal was at Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba; the food was awesome and the service impeccable. We ordered white sangria and tapas, and although everything was delicious our favorite thing was the warmed goat cheese in a marinara sauce (sounds so simple, but so tasty!).




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sunrise over Lake MeadSunrise over Lake Mead
Sunrise over Lake Mead

Overlooking the Hyatt's patio
Linda and Kris Linda and Kris
Linda and Kris

At Gilley's


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb