Back to Omaha (Splashing at Stinson Park)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Omaha
June 25th 2012
Published: June 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Western IowaWestern IowaWestern Iowa

We passed through a few wind farms in Western Iowa.
We set out early for Omaha. We expected the two hour drive to take us four hours, but the kids surprised us by sleeping the whole way. I called Julie at 9am to let her know we'd arrived two hours ahead of schedule. While she got up for the day, we decided to find a breakfast place near her home and stopped at Lisa's Radial Cafe. The atmosphere was relaxed and casual, which kept the kids at ease and happy. The waitress even let Jo have a lamenated menu to chomp on. I ordered a bowl of oatmeal; it was the good stuff--thick and slowly cooked. I doctored it up with a bit of brown sugar, raisins, and milk. Andrew ordered a veggie skillet that was very good but a bit greasy. Oliver devoured the spinach and cheese omelet we ordered for him. We ate every bite of breakfast and then went to my sister's to check out her new place and visit with her French bulldog, Arthur. Just like at Andy and Erin's, Oliver spotted Julie's Kitchen Aid right away. He helped himself to one of her chairs and dragged it over to the counter to check out the mixer. He's a funny two year old.

Julie led the way to Stinson Park. It's a well-manicured park across the street from an outdoor shopping plaza. There's a stage for outdoor concerts, a playground, and a splash area. There were about a dozen kids splashing around the splash park, and Oliver tentatively joined them. OK, so he needed a little (a lot) of encouragement from Aunt Julie. One little girl then scolded Julie for splashing without a swimsuit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Lisa's Radial CafeLisa's Radial Cafe
Lisa's Radial Cafe

We stopped for breakfast at this cute little cafe we passed on our way to my sister's. It was a great breakfast place.
Andrew and JoAndrew and Jo
Andrew and Jo

We forgot to bring a towel, so Andrew put Jo in my pajama pants to dry her off.


Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 83; dbt: 0.2527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb