Alaska trip Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Ainsworth
July 3rd 2016
Published: July 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to 60 degrees and overcast. Grabbed a bite to eat of the free breakfast that the hotel offered. Not so sure free is the greatest but it will do.

Left Sioux City and headed out across Nebraska on Rt 20. Again great roads. Bob thought 60 was chilly but I loved it. We were under overcast skies till the Wyoming border.

Soon as we hit Wyoming sun came out and temps were in the 80's.

Just across the border we stopped or gas and talked to some other bikers who also were heading to Casper WY. Nice friendly people as I find most bikers are they wished us well as we left before them.

When Bob and I ride I usually lead as I have a GPS on my bike that makes routing easy. About a half hour later I looked in my rear view mirror and Bob was nowhere in sight. I turned around and went back and there he sat on the side of the road with a flat rear tire. Upon inspection we found about a half inch gash in the tire. While we were inspecting it , along came the folks we met at the gas station and they stopped to help us. We had a tire repair kit and we plugged the tire. (took 3 plugs) and amazingly enough it held air. We parted ways again and thanked them for helping us. It was hot out and they had some cold beer in their trailer and gave us each a cold beer before they left. Awesome people.

Well, no one is open to repair tires on Sunday and what we did was a temp fix to get us by. Obviously we need a new tire. But, oh yeah, Monday is the 4th and no one will be open, so we plotted our route again and since we are getting close to Calgary Alberta, I checked the web and we called a dealer in Calgary who has the tire and can put in on on Wednesday.

The view across Nebraska is pretty much rolling hills till you get to the far west side. Pics start with Western Nebraska just below where the battle of Wounded Knee was fought.

After getting to our hotel in Casper we were exhausted as its now 8 pm and we have covered about 580 miles. We ate and went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb