Day 2: Coeur d'Alene to Emergrant, MT - 649 Km


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
September 23rd 2010
Published: September 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today we traveled over several dramatic mountain passes and I (Lorraine) even got to drive our rig over the Great Divide - while Dwain nervously rode along in the passenger seat!!

Stephen's Pass (yesterday) - elev. 4061 ft.

Fourth of July Pass, ID - elev. 3173 ft.

Lookout Pass, ID - elev. 4725 ft.

Pipestone Pass (Continental Divide) - elev. 6347 ft.

Now we are up in the mountains the nights are getting colder. We will appreciate the new electric blanket we bought for the trailer as well as the heated seats in the truck first thing in the morning!! Sure have come a long way from the days of the Wagon Trains. Tonight we are in a most beautiful spot, backed right up to the Yellowstone River with mountains behind. We got here late in the afternoon so by the time we had things set up it was getting too dark for pictures. They we have to wait for tomorrow's blog. From now on we can slow down and take in the wonder of these mountain parks. After arriving here today we were very tempted to add another night or two. Would love to come back and just spend a week here!!

On the way through Missoula we took a side trip to your Alma Mater, Richard, and I was able to walk around the campus and snap a few pictures for you. Definitely stood out in that young crowd!! I was the only gray-haired person on campus.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



24th September 2010

Go Griz!!
Ahh, it's good to see the old campus again!! The state just hired the pharmacist that will replace Kathy. He is from Montana medicaid and graduated from UM in 1996 (the year ahead of me!!) so we actually know each other and have a connection!

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb