More from Glacier National Park


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Glacier NPGlacier NPGlacier NP

Wild Goose Island in St. Mary Lake, one of the most photographed spots in the park.
We headed east on US Hwy 2, which skirts the southern part of Glacier National Park. We stopped at Goat Lick Overlook (which was recommended by more than one person.) We actually did see several mountain goats, big and small.
We crossed the continental divide (again) at Marias Pass, elevation 5220'. I think before this trip is over, I'm going to have to sit down and count how many times we crossed the continental divide.
At East Glacier Park (that's the name of the town) we headed north on state road 49, a winding, climbing road that overlooks the valley east of Glacier NP.
We entered the park again at St. Mary and took the Going-to-the-Sun Road west back to West Glacier. St. Mary Lake is gorgeous and the glaciers and waterfalls on the east side are spectacular, too. At Logan Pass Visitor Center there were 3 bighorn sheep right next to the parking lot posing for pictures.
We had a pleasant ride back to our campground, arriving just in time for a hail storm that finally turned to rain and thunder.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Glacier NPGlacier NP
Glacier NP

Baring Falls, Sunrift Gorge
Glacier NPGlacier NP
Glacier NP

Jackson Glacier
Glacier NPGlacier NP
Glacier NP

Logan Pass
Glacier NPGlacier NP
Glacier NP

Bighorn Sheep at Logan Pass Visitor Center


5th July 2008

Are you going to bring a Big Horn Sheep home for Ethan? Did you get to see any fireworks?

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb