Mammoth and Gardiner


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Gardiner
June 27th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.0319, -110.705

Got up at our usual early time and were fixing coffee when Robert suddenly said,"what is that in the water?!" Took a long time for Laura to spot what he was talking about and by the time had focused on creature in the water, it was climbing out and onto the shore. We could tell it was a canid but could not be sure if it was a coyote or wolf. Robert went out and looked at where it got out of the water but still could not be sure except that it had left a large wet trail where it had come out of the water near campsite #2.

Packed ourselves up and headed out. Found the wolf watchers at a turnout near Hellroaring and they were looking for 755 but were not having much luck at that moment. They got a call from Rick and headed off to a place further up toward Mammoth. We decided they had not invited us to come along so we headed on up toward Mammoth.

Drove on to Mammoth campground and got ourselves a campsite and then decided to drive on into Gardiner and take a bike ride and do some blogging. Were putting our bikes together when Bob Landis drove up and visited with us for awhile. Ran some errands and did some blogging and tried out two different places for food.

Drove back to Mammoth, treated ourselves to another shower and then had dinner in the bar and visited with the bartendress. She was from Texas and was full of hopes and dreams and really enthusiastic about her goals. Was a fun evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb